Thursday, February 3, 2011

In A Room FULL of White Women...

I have begun my last semester at college, and I'm attending this course where I am the only African-American... O_O. Now, if I was my old relaxed (hair) self I wouldn't have any problem... but since I am not my old relaxed self I did feel a bit uneasy. Everyone's hair was long, strait, silky, and smooth. And mines was..... on my head. They could run their fingers through their hair and whip it over their shoulder. And mines was.... on my head. I almost want to throw my hood on, scurry to the corner and disappear but then I took another look.

Each of those women, throughout the entire 3 hours I was in class, kept "fluffing" their roots of their hair trying to achieve volume. My hair is naturally full of volume.
Some of those women had curls in their hair achieved by probably a curling iron that reaches 400 degrees. I just have to use my finger.
One woman's hair got caught in her zipper. Mines was too short for that! :P

But what I'm trying to say is DON'T BE ASHAMED! You're hair, my hair, is BEAUTIFUL! And we have spent all of our time and money on trying to look and imitate hair and people that we are not! Be who God intended you to be! Love yourself, Love your curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment